En 12 Sep 2002 17:23:41 +0200
Hannu Krosing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

> The other sad thing about the current behaviour is that in addition to
> being wrong it also breaks dump/reload - after dump/reload the initially
> dropped column is back in c1.

I hadn't read this paragraph before.   But I don't understand what
you're saying.  If I drop the column from p1 but not from p2, how is it
expected that the column doesn't show in c1, that inherits both?  Truth
is that the column shouldn't have disappeared in the first place, so it
isn't a mistake that shows up in the dump.

Sure, databases before and after the dump are different, but the one
before dump is broken.  I don't have the original pgsql version (without
the patch) compiled right now, but I think that if you were to select
from p2, the backend would crash (or at least elog(ERROR)).

Anyway, the patch I just submitted should fix this bug.  Please test it
and thanks for the report.

"La conclusion que podemos sacar de esos estudios es que
no podemos sacar ninguna conclusion de ellos" (Tanenbaum)

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster