On Tue, September 17, 2013 23:03, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> [minmax-1.patch. + minmax-2-incr.patch. (and initdb)]

The patches apply and compile OK.

I've not yet really tested; I just wanted to mention that  make check  gives
the following differences:

***
/home/aardvark/pg_stuff/pg_sandbox/pgsql.minmax/src/test/regress/expected/opr_sanity.out
    2013-09-17 23:18:31.427356703
+0200
---
/home/aardvark/pg_stuff/pg_sandbox/pgsql.minmax/src/test/regress/results/opr_sanity.out
     2013-09-17 23:20:48.208150824
+0200
***************
*** 1076,1081 ****
--- 1076,1086 ----
         2742 |            2 | @@@
         2742 |            3 | <@
         2742 |            4 | =
+        3847 |            1 | <
+        3847 |            2 | <=
+        3847 |            3 | =
+        3847 |            4 | >=
+        3847 |            5 | >
         4000 |            1 | <<
         4000 |            1 | ~<~
         4000 |            2 | &<
***************
*** 1098,1104 ****
         4000 |           15 | >
         4000 |           16 | @>
         4000 |           18 | =
! (62 rows)

  -- Check that all opclass search operators have selectivity estimators.
  -- This is not absolutely required, but it seems a reasonable thing
--- 1103,1109 ----
         4000 |           15 | >
         4000 |           16 | @>
         4000 |           18 | =
! (67 rows)

  -- Check that all opclass search operators have selectivity estimators.
  -- This is not absolutely required, but it seems a reasonable thing
***************
*** 1272,1280 ****
  WHERE am.amname <> 'btree' AND am.amname <> 'gist' AND am.amname <> 'gin'
  GROUP BY amname, amsupport, opcname, amprocfamily
  HAVING count(*) != amsupport OR amprocfamily IS NULL;
!  amname | opcname | count
! --------+---------+-------
! (0 rows)

  SELECT amname, opcname, count(*)
  FROM pg_am am JOIN pg_opclass op ON opcmethod = am.oid
--- 1277,1288 ----
  WHERE am.amname <> 'btree' AND am.amname <> 'gist' AND am.amname <> 'gin'
  GROUP BY amname, amsupport, opcname, amprocfamily
  HAVING count(*) != amsupport OR amprocfamily IS NULL;
!  amname |   opcname   | count
!  minmax | int4_ops    |     1
!  minmax | text_ops    |     1
!  minmax | numeric_ops |     1
! (3 rows)

  SELECT amname, opcname, count(*)
  FROM pg_am am JOIN pg_opclass op ON opcmethod = am.oid

Erik Rijkers