On Wed, September 25, 2013 22:34, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> [minmax-5.patch]

I have the impression it's not quite working correctly.

The attached program returns different results for different values of
enable_bitmapscan (consistently).

( Btw, I had to make the max_locks_per_transaction higher for even not-so-large
tables -- is that expected?  For a 100M row
table, max_locks_per_transaction=1024 was not enough; I set it to 2048.  Might
be worth some documentation, eventually. )

>From eyeballing the results it looks like the minmax result (i.e. the result
>set with enable_bitmapscan = 1) yields only
the last part because the only 'last' rows seem to be present (see the values
in column i in table tmm in the attached
program).

Thanks,

Erikjan Rijkers