From: "Bruce Momjian" <br...@momjian.us>
I will work on auto-tuning temp_buffers next.  Any other suggestions?
wal_buffers is already auto-tuned.

Great work. I'm looking forward to becoming able to fully utilize system resources right after initdb.

Although this is not directly related to memory, could you set max_prepared_transactions = max_connections at initdb time? People must feel frustrated when they can't run applications on a Java or .NET application server and notice that they have to set max_prepared_transactions and restart PostgreSQL. This is far from friendly.

Regards
MauMau