On 2013-10-14 09:42:46 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Andres Freund <and...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> >> I object to requiring gcc on that platform; we've had recent interest
> >> in aCC-compiled builds on that platform.
> >
> > On PA-RISC or Itanic?
>
> Oh, sorry.  I think it was Itanium.

Good. Not that Itanium is nice, but it certainly supports all required
atomic ops.

I think somebody with access to that will have to figure out what
intrinsics are provided then - I haven't found reference documentation
for aCC's ia64/sys/inline.h.
I think Tom's stance that people who want a platform to be supported
need to help is reasonable. It's really hard to develop not entirely
trivial code for platforms you don't have access to and that don't even
have a buildfarm member.

Greetings,

Andres Freund