Hello Vik,

I have attached here an entirely new patch (new documentation and
everything) that should please everyone.  It no longer overloads
pg_sleep(double precision) but instead add two new functions:

* pg_sleep_for(interval)
* pg_sleep_until(timestamp with time zone)

Because it's no longer overloading the original pg_sleep, Robert's
ambiguity objection is no more.

Also, I like how it reads aloud: SELECT pg_sleep_for('5 minutes');

If people like this, I'll reject the current patch and add this one to
the next commitfest.

Opinions?

I liked overloading...

Anyway, I have not looked at the patch in details, but both functions seems useful at least if you need to sleep, and the solution is reasonable.

I also like "pg_sleep_until('tomorrow');" that I guess would work, but I'm not sure of any practical use case for this one. Do you have an example where it makes sense?

--
Fabien.