Tom Lane wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > ... I'm going to do up a beta2 on Friday due to the number changes
> > that have been committed over the past 2 weeks ...
>
> I want to review and apply Alvaro's attisinherited fix before we go
> beta2.  I think I can get that done tomorrow.  I can't recall any
> other initdb-forcing fixes in the pipeline; Bruce, do you?

Looking at the open item list, I see:

        fix up function return types on lang/type/trigger creation or
          loosen opaque restrictions

Seems that should be fixed before beta2 because it does effect people

Are we done with all of these?

        Add casts: (Tom)
                assignment-level cast specification
                inet -> text
                macaddr -> text
                int4 -> varchar?
                int8 -> varchar?
                add param for length check for char()/varchar()

> Which is not to say we don't have a ton of known bugs to fix...
> I'd lean towards a Monday-ish beta2 myself.

Yes, I would like to get a few days of quiet before packaging beta2.