Also, did you disable fsync?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jonah H. Harris
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 10:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Improving speed of copy

Are you using copy within a transaction?

I don't know how to explain the size difference tho.  I have never seen an
overhead difference that large.  What type of MySQL tables were you using
and what version?

Have you tried this with Oracle or similar commercial database?