On Nov 18, 2013, at 12:57 PM, Andres Freund <and...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Were there any kind of patterns in the lost data? What kind of workload
> are they running? I have an idea what the issue might be...

On the P1 > S1 case, the data corrupted was data modified in the last few
minutes before the switchover.  I don't want to over-analyze, but it was within
the checkpoint_timeout value for that sever.

On the P2 > S2 case, it's less obvious what the pattern is, since there was no
cutover.

Insufficient information on the P3 > S3 case.

Each of them is a reasonably high-volume OLTP-style workload.  The P1/P2 client
has a very high level of writes; the P3 more read-heavy, but still a fair
number of writes.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   x...@thebuild.com