On 11/19/2013 11:00 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Bruce Momjian <br...@momjian.us> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:51:06AM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
I think this was the consensus solution when this was last discussed,
and I support it.  There is similar space for a binary XML data type
if someone feels like implementing it.  I think the names that were
proposed previously were something like jsonb and xmlb.
The natural name is OBJSON, meaning object JSON, because as PostgreSQL
people, we have to double-use letters wherever possible.  ;-)
Personally, I think the patch author should just run ps auxww | md5 |
sed 's/^[^0-9]//' | cut -c1-8 and call the new data type by the
resulting name.

My personal vote goes for "marmaduke". I've been dying to call some builtin object that for ages.

cheers

andrew