On 21 November 2013, Amit Khandekar
<amit.khande...@enterprisedb.com<mailto:amit.khande...@enterprisedb.com>> wrote:
>Ok. we will then first fix the \COPY TO issue where it does not revert back
>the overriden psql output file handle. Once this is solved, fix for both COPY
>FROM and COPY TO, like how it is done in the patch earlier
>(copydefectV2.patch).

I analyzed the solution to fix \COPY TO issue but unfortunately I observed that
do_copy is already resetting the value of cur_cmd_source and queryFout but
before that itself result status is printed. So we'll have to reset the value
before result status is being displayed.

So as other alternative solutions, I have two approaches:

1.      We can store current file destination queryFout in some local variable
and pass the same to SendQuery function as a parameter. Same can be used to
reset the value of queryFout after return from ProcessResult

>From all other callers of SendQuery , we can pass NULL value for this new
>parameter.

2.      We can add new structure member variable FILE *prevQueryFout in
structure "struct _psqlSettings", which hold the value of queryFout before
being changed in do_copy. And then same can be used to reset value in SendQuery
or ProcessResult.

Please let me know which approach is OK or if any other approach suggested.
Based on feedback I shall prepare the new patch and share the same.

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar Rajeev Rastogi