On 11/29/2013 10:06 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Greg Stark <st...@mit.edu> wrote:

Just as an update I did get gcc to do the wrong thing on purpose. The
only overflow check that the regression tests find missing is the one
for int8abs() ie:

Also, one of the places GCC warns about optimizing away an overflow
check (with -fno-wrapv) is inside the localtime.c file from the tz
library. I fixed it in my patch but in fact I checked and it's already
fixed upstream so I'm wondering whether you expect to merge in an
updated tz library? Is there anything surprising about the process or
do you just copy in the files? Would you be happy for someone else to
do it?

IIRC some files can be copied directly, but not all. Might be easiest to generate a diff between the last version in PostgreSQL and the latest upstream version, and apply that.

- Heikki