On 1/9/14, 10:58 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Jim Nasby <j...@nasby.net> writes:
ISTM that allowing users to pick arbitrary lower array bounds was a huge
mistake. I've never seen anyone make use of it, can't think of any legitimate
use cases for it, and hate the stupendous amount of extra code needed to deal
with it.

You lack imagination, sir.

Considering what you'd normally want to do in SQL, the only example I can think
of is to not have the argument over 0 vs 1 based.

Actually, I was thinking there might be some computational problems where
changing lower bound would be nice, but then again, what other languages
actually support this?
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       j...@nasby.net