On Saturday 28 September 2002 02:36 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have seen no discussion on whether to go ahead with a 7.2.3 to add
> several serious fixes Tom has made to the code in the past few days.

> Are we too close to 7.3 for this to be worthwhile?  Certainly there will
> be people distributing 7.2.X for some time as 7.3 stabilizes.

IMHO, I believe a 7.2.3 is worthwhile.  It isn't _that_ much effort, is it?  I
am most certainly of the school of thought that backporting serious issues
into the last stable release is a Good Thing.  I don't think a released 7.3
should prevent us from a 7.2.4 down the road, either -- or even a 7.1.4 if a
serious security issue were to be found there.  Probably not a 7.0.4, though.
And definitely not a 6.5.4.  Some people can have great difficulty migrating
-- if we're not going to make it easy for people to migrate, we should
support older versions with fixes.  IMHO, of course.

If it hasn't already, a fix for the Red Hat 7.3/glibc mktime(3) issue
(workaround really) would be nice, as I understand the 7.3 branch has one.

RPM's will take me all of an hour if I'm at work when it's released.  That is
if my wife doesn't go into labor first (she's at 37 weeks and having
Braxton-Hicks already). #4.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio