From: "Amit Kapila" <amit.kapil...@gmail.com>
How about below message:

event source "<event_source_name>" is already registered.

OK, I added several lines for this.  Please check the attached patch.

What I had in mind was to change it during initdb, we are already doing it
for some other parameter (unix_socket_directories), please refer below
code in initdb.c

Yes, It seems we can do this. However, could you forgive me for leaving this untouched? I'm afraid postgresql.conf.sample's issue is causing unnecessary war among people here. That doesn't affect the point of this patch --- make pg_ctl use the event_source setting. Anyway, not all parameters in postgresql.conf cannot be used just by uncommenting them. That's another issue.

I'll update the CommitFest entry soon.

Regards
MauMau