On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 3:32 AM, Christian Kruse
<christ...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> For the documentation patch, I propose the attached to avoid future
>> confusions. Comments? It might make sense to back-patch as well.
>
> Compiles, didn't find any typos and I think it is comprehensible.

I took a look at this with a view to committing it but on examination
I'm not sure this is the best way to proceed.  The proposed text
documents that the tests should be run in a database called
regression, but the larger documentation chapter of which this section
is a part never explains how to run them anywhere else, so it feels a
bit like telling a ten-year-old not to burn out the clutch.

The bit about not changing enable_* probably belongs, if anywhere, in
section 30.2, on test evaluation, rather than here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company