(2014/02/10 22:42), Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
(2014/02/09 8:06), Andrew Dunstan wrote:

On 02/08/2014 05:34 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Hiroshi Inoue <in...@tpf.co.jp> writes:
Though I'm not a MINGW expert at all, I know dllwrap is a deprecated
tool and dlltool is almost a deprecated tool. Cygwin port is removing
the use of dllwrap and dlltool now. Isn't it better for MINGW port to
follow it?
Only way to make that happen is to prepare and test a patch ...

Yeah. Incidentally, we didn't quite get rid of dlltool for Cygwin. We
did get rid of dllwrap. But I agree this is worth trying for Mingw.

I tried MINGW port with the attached change and successfully built
src and contrib and all pararell regression tests were OK.

I forgot to mention the environment. I tried the change in 2 machines
and both worked.

1. 32bit Windows7       GCC 4.6.1
2. 32bit Windows Vista  GCC 3.4.5

I didn't test 64bit platform.