From: "Tom Lane" <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>
"MauMau" <maumau...@gmail.com> writes:
To put the question in other words, is it safe to load a multi-threaded PL library in the single-threaded backend process, if the PL only calls SPI in
the main thread?

When it breaks, we're not going to be concerned.

I may not understand your nuance.  Which of the following do you mean?

* PL/Java's design is dangerous in terms of the mixture of single- and multi-threading, and we cannot be 100% sure whether there's really no problem.

* SPI must not be used in multi-threaded process, even if only one thread calls SPI functions at a time. So what we can say is that PL/Java is not safe theoretically in terms of SPI.

Regards
MauMau