Bruce Momjian wrote:
> It could be argued that our seconds are not as exact as they could be
> with subsecond timing.  Not sure it is worth it, but I can see the
> point.

Well, if we were specifying the timeout in microseconds instead of seconds, it
would make sense to have better resolution. But when you can only specify the
timeout in seconds, the internal time comparison doesn't need to be any more
accurate than seconds (IMHO anyway).

> are doing something with microseconds when we are not.  Also, should we
> switch to a simple time() call, rather than gettimeofday()?

Already done -- that's what Denis is unhappy about.

Joe

http://archives.postgresql.org