On 4/21/14 9:34 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
* Alfred Perlstein (alf...@freebsd.org) wrote:
There is definitely hope, however changes to the FreeBSD vm are
taken as seriously as changes to core changes to Postresql's store.
In addition changes to vm is somewhat in the realm of complexity of
Postgresql store as well so it may not be coming in the next few
days/weeks, but rather a month or two.  I am not sure if an easy fix
is available in FreeBSD but we will see in short order.
This has been known for over a year.. :(
I know!  I remember warning y'all about it back at pgcon last year. :)

I need to do some research.  I work with Adrian (FreeBSD kernel dev
mentioned earlier in the thread), I'll grab him today and discuss
what the issue may be.
Hopefully that'll get things moving in the right direction, finally..
Sure, to be fair, we are under the gun here for a product, it may just mean that the end result of that conversation is "mysql".

I'm hoping we can use Postgresql as I've been a huge fan since 1999. I based my first successful project on it and had a LOT of help from the pgsql community, Tom, Bruce and we even contracted Vadim for some work on incremental vacuums!

-Alfred