On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakan...@vmware.com> writes:
>> This looks correct to me. popen() requires SYSTEMQUOTEs on Windows, like
>> system() does.

It seems right now  SYSTEMQUOTE is used before popen both for
Windows and non-Windows, ex. adjust_data_dir() in pg_ctl.c

> We might forget to use the wrapper function too, if it has a nonstandard
> name, no?  A better idea would be to redefine popen() and system() on
> Windows.  It looks like we're already using a #define to redefine popen().

Won't defining variant of popen just for Windows to add SYSTEMQUOTE
effect such (where currently it is used for both win and non-winows)
usage?  Also, I think we might want to remove use of SYSTEMQUOTE
before popen calls where ever it is currently used to avoid usage of the
same two times.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.