On 06/17/2014 09:14 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> Well, I don't know: suppose you're loading geospatial data showing the
> location of every building in some country.  It might easily be the
> case that the data is or can be loaded in an order that provides
> pretty good spatial locality, leading to tight bounding boxes over
> physically consecutive data ranges.

I admin a production application which has exactly this.  However, that
application doesn't have big enough data to benefit from minmax indexes;
it uses the basic spatial indexes.

So, my $0.02: bounding box minmax falls under the heading of "would be
nice to have, but not if it delays the feature".

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.