On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Jaime Casanova <ja...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This patch implements $subject only when ANALYZE and VERBOSE are on.
> I made it that way because for years nobody seemed interested in this
> info (at least no one did it) so i decided that maybe is to much
> information for most people (actually btree indexes are normally very
> fast).
>
> But because we have GiST and GIN this became an interested piece of
> data (there are other cases even when using btree).
>
> Current patch doesn't have docs yet i will add them soon.

This patch provides the Insertion time of an index operation.
This information is useful to the administrator for reorganizing the indexes
based on the insertion time.

Quick review:

Applies to Head.
Regress test is passed.
Coding is fine.

Minor comments:

There is no need of printing the index insertion time as zero in case
of hot update operations.
Please correct the same.

Add the documentation changes.

Regards,