On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:56 AM, Peter Geoghegan <p...@heroku.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Peter Geoghegan <p...@heroku.com> wrote:
> > I was worried about the common case where a
> > column name is misspelled that would otherwise be ambiguous, which is
> > why that shows a HINT while the single RTE case doesn't
>
> To be clear - I mean a HINT with two suggestions rather than just one.
> If there are 3 or more equally distant suggestions (even if they're
> all from different RTEs) we also give no HINT in the proposed patch.

Showing up to 2 hints is fine as it does not pollute the error output with
perhaps unnecessary messages. That's even more protective than for example
git that prints all the equidistant candidates. However I can't understand
why it does not show up hints even if there are two equidistant candidates
from the same RTE. I think it should.
--
Michael