On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Воронин Дмитрий
<carriingfat...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> I make a new version of patch. I corrected your notes for my previous
> version of patch. Could you test it? Thank you.

I just had a look at the new version of this patch, and this is
lacking a couple of things.

First, this patch has been developed using a tarball of 9.3.4. sslinfo
is not a module changing frequently so you are lucky that this is not
generating diffs with HEAD but you should try to get yourself familiar
with git and submit patches that are based on HEAD to facilitate their
review and integration. You can have a look here to begin with:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_GIT

Then, here are more comments about the patch:
- Update sslinfo to 1.1. Here are all the details about how to do it:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/extend-extensions.html#AEN57147
Well, basically this is only creating sslinfo--1.0--1.1.sql to be able
to do an upgrade, copy sslinfo--1.0.sql to sslinfo--1.1.sql with the
new objects defined and dumping sslinfo.control.
- In your previous patches I saw that you defined the new functions in
sslinfo--1.0.sql but in the new version of your patch it is not the
case.
- Please remove all the diff noise in sslinfo.sgml, like this one:
*** 157,167 ****
     <varlistentry>
      <term>
       <function>ssl_client_dn_field(fieldname text) returns text</function>
-      <indexterm>
-       <primary>ssl_client_dn_field</primary>
-      </indexterm>
      </term>
      <listitem>
      <para>
--- 157,167 ----
     </varlistentry>

     <varlistentry>
+     <indexterm>
+      <primary>ssl_client_dn_field</primary>
+     </indexterm>
Your patch should only include documentation for the new functions.
- Please remove whitespaces, there are quite a lot of them.
- in 9.5, PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1 does the function declaration for you,
making following block useless:
[...]
+Datum          ssl_is_used(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);
+Datum          ssl_version(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);
+Datum          ssl_cipher(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS);
[...]
- Please avoid if blocks of this type, this is not consistent with the
project style:
if (SRF_IS_FIRSTCALL()) {
[...]
}
One newline for each bracket. Here is the manual page referencing code
conventions:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/source.html

Most of those comments have been already mentioned by Andreas in one
of his emails upthread but you have obviously not solved the issues he
has reported.

This looks like a useful feature, but at this point of the commit fest
and considering the number of structural changes still needed I will
mark this patch as "Returned with feedback". Feel free to resubmit to
the next commit fest in August with an updated patch of course!

Regards,
--
Michael