> Thank you for updating the patch.
> I reviewed the patch.
>
> First of all, I think that we should not append the above message to
> section of '-r' option.
> (Or these message might not be needed at all) Whether flush location in
> feedback message is valid,  is not depend on '-r' option.
>
> If we use '-r' option and 'S' option (i.g., replication slot) then
> pg_receivexlog informs valid flush location to primary server at the same
> time as doing fsync.
> But,  if we don't specify replication slot then the flush location in
> feedback message always invalid.
> So I think Fujii-san pointed out that sending of invalid flush location
> is not needed if pg_receivexlog does not use replication slot.

Thanks for the review!

I understand the attention message wasn't appropriate.

To report the write location, even If you do not specify a replication slot.
So the fix only appended messages.

There was a description of the flush location section of '-S' option,
but I intended to catch eye more and added a message.

Is it better to make specification of the -S option indispensable?

Regards,

--
Furuya Osamu