On 28/08/14 13:20, Andres Freund wrote:
Hi,

Stuff I wondered about:
* How about making it --help=variables instead of --help-variables?

-1, help is not a variable to be assigned imho

* Do we really need the 'Report bugs to' blurb for --help-variables?

Probably not.

* Since we're not exhaustive about documenting environment variales, do
   we really need to document TMPDIR and SHELL?

They are bit more important than most of others, but probably not really necessary to be there as they are not psql specific.

* Shouldn't we document that PROMPT1 is the standard prompt, PROMPT2 is
   for already started statements, and PROMPT3 is for COPY FROM STDIN?

Yes please!