> On Mon, 2014-05-19 at 13:51 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > On 5/18/14, 3:52 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > > I am looking on --analyze-in-stages option. If I understand well,
> > > motivation for this option is a get some minimal statistic for
> databases
> > > in minimal time. But when I tested, I found so iterations are per
> > > databases, not per stages - some first database get a maximum
> statistics
> > > and second has zero statistics. Isn't it unpractical?
> >
> > Yes.  Let me see if I can fix that.
>
> At long last, here is a patch.
>
> If somebody has an idea how to code some of that less confusingly, let
> me know.
>
> It is little bit hard to read.

                /* If stage is -1, then run all stages.  Otherwise, we got
a stage
                 * from vacuum_all_databases(), so just run that one. */
                for (i = (stage == -1 ? 0 : stage); i < (stage == -1 ? 3 :
stage + 1); i++)
                {
                        puts(gettext(stage_messages[i]));
                        executeCommand(conn, stage_commands[i], progname,
echo);
                        run_vacuum_command(conn, sql.data, echo, dbname,
table, progname);
                }

maybe better be more verbose - and it can be in alone function, because it
is "analyze only"

if (stage == -1)
{
  for (i = 0; i < 3; i++)
  {
        puts(gettext(stage_messages[i]));
        executeCommand(conn, stage_commands[i], progname, echo);
        run_vacuum_command(conn, sql.data, echo, dbname, table, progname);
  }
}
else
{
    puts(gettext(stage_messages[stage]));
    executeCommand(conn, stage_commands[stage], progname, echo);
    run_vacuum_command(conn, sql.data, echo, dbname, table, progname);
}

Regards

Pavel