On 14/09/14 06:35, Atri Sharma wrote:

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 11:52 PM, David G Johnston <david.g.johns...@gmail.com <mailto:david.g.johns...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Atri Sharma wrote
    > On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 11:06 PM, Rohit Goyal &lt;

    Or rather even if you want to be able to reference the older
    versions of
    that record there is nothing in PostgreSQL to facilitate that. You
    have to
    manually create and manage the data so that you know during what
    time period
    a given record is valid.

    David J.

Sometimes I do miss 'time travel' we used to have :)

Regards,

Atri
--
Regards,
Atri

On a more serious note:
I did design and implement a system to allow what the original poster was after, it involved 2 tables for each logical table, and used both an EFFECTIVE_DATE & an AS_AT_DATE. This allowed insurance quotes to be valid for a given of time, even if the insurance rates were set change after the quote was given (but before the quote expired). This was about 15 years ago. It was amusing that my wife joined that team 10 years after I left, and found 2 of my original colleagues still there!

Cheers,
Gavin