On 2014-09-18 09:13:48 -0500, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 2:18 AM, Andres Freund <and...@2ndquadrant.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Improving the docs here is on my roadmap, but I don't see the benefit of
> >> this.
> Btw, I sent a couple of weeks back a patch that was an attempt to
> improve this portion of the docs, feel free to have a look if that
> helps :)
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqQDxcHNEBhG71nL6jDGQji9m=fqeooks1_ylbfsts4...@mail.gmail.com

Uh, I know - I commented extensively on that thread. Your doc patch is
wrong, so I won't apply it ;) and also can't really use it as a basis...

I'd understood
cab7npqrcocrrf84vhrvdrk8+9rgzbrfbkwmri9_79tfkmz4...@mail.gmail.com in
that thread to mean we were on one page. But the message referenced by
you above (sent later) and this discussion seems to indicate that that's
not the case.

Do you see the difference between what your doc patch states and the
explanation I've given nearby in this thread?

Greetings,

Andres Freund