On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 06:01:08PM +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> But independent of which version is chosen, we *REALLY* need to make the
> decision soon. This issue has held up the next beta (like jsonb has
> blocked previous beta) for *weeks*.
> Personally it doesn't make me very happy that Heikki and Tom had to be
> the people stepping up to fix this.

I think there are a few reasons this has been delayed, aside from the
scheduling ones:

        1.  compression issues were a surprise, and we are wondering if
            there are any other surprises
        2.  pg_upgrade makes future data format changes problematic
        3.  9.3 multi-xact bugs spooked us into being more careful

I am not sure what we can do to increase our speed based on these items.

  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:

Reply via email to