Kouhei Kaigai <kai...@ak.jp.nec.com> writes:
> Idea-1) Put ResourceOwnerForgetBuffer() O(1) logic, instead of O(N^2).
> The source of problem come from data structure in ResourceOwnerData,
> so a straightforward way is to apply O(1) logic based on hashing,
> instead of the linear search.

I will bet that this is a dead loss for all normal usage patterns,
because queries seldom have more than a few buffers pinned.  More
than that: I do not think we should encourage coding patterns that
pin lots of buffers.  There is no way that holding pins on thousands
of buffers to do one operation is a sane design.