Another example is an ETL tool or ORM that queries the data dictionary to
generate SQL or object models.

If mviews show up in the regular information_schema views (specifically the
.columns view) then it'll just work as if it's a regular table or view (ex:
like foreign tables).

If not, it's possible to use the internal pg_ catalog tables to get the column
details but it'd require PG specific coding.

In our case I already plan on using the internal catalog tables to display
mview metadata. I brought this up thinking about existing apps and tools being
able to work with mviews without additional code changes.

Regards,
-- Sehrope Sarkuni