On 10/30/14, 4:55 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
On 10/30/2014 05:23 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Anyway, I can confirm Peter's statement that the current tests work even
on quite old platforms, as long as you install IPC::Run.

So, I'm a bit confused. Is the --enable-tap-tests config setting still
on the table?

I think it should be.  You should not have to have either prove or
IPC::Run (or, IIRC, even Perl) in order to do make check-world.

Could configure detect if we have IPC::Run? ISTM it'd be nice to make this
automatic instead of requiring it to be specifically enabled.