> 26 nov 2014 kl. 15:56 skrev Neil Tiffin <ne...@neiltiffin.com>:
>

> On Nov 26, 2014, at 8:21 AM, Greg Stark <st...@mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> I find it hard to believe the original premise of this thread. We knew
>> there were some problems with OSX and FreeBSD but surely they can't be
>> completely broken?
>
> Ever tried to use Spotlight for searching (English) on the Mac, not
> completely broken, just not reliable.  This does not surprise me in the least
> for OSX.  The Mac has, in recent history, become a “looks good", but the
> details may or may not be really correct platform.
>
> I thought FreeBSD was a preferred OS for PostgreSQL?  This does surprise me.

It works fine if you use the English language, or if you don't use utf-8. And
it works fine with utf-8 if you don't care about "real world sorting", or if
you do the sorting in your application anyway (most OS:es collations are really
broken for non-english locales anyway).

So for a great number of people, it works great. For the rest of us, well, I
use ICU... :)