> Am 26.11.2014 um 11:20 schrieb Dave Page <dp...@postgresql.org>:
>
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Jakob Egger <ja...@eggerapps.at> wrote:
>> Am 26.11.2014 um 11:05 schrieb Dave Page <dp...@postgresql.org>:
>>
>> You may want to bear in mind that postgres.app is on the main PG
>> downloads page on the website. If you're patching Postgres to add a
>> feature like this, it would become a fork and would have to be moved
>> out of the "PostgreSQL Core Distribution" section of the download area
>> as we only include "pure" distributions there.
>>

>> I wasn't aware of this. I'll have to bring this up on the Postgres.app
>> Github page.
>>
>> Personally, I don't think that shipping a database with broken text sorting
>> is acceptable; but I can't speak on behalf of the other contributors to
>> Postgres.app without consulting them first.
>
> Right - but the correct course of action would be to get the problem
> fixed in PostgreSQL itself, not to fork the code which could lead to
> other problems for users.

Agreed. Since this isn't a priority for Palle I'll have a look at the patch to
see if I can extend it to make it suitable for submitting it, but since I have
never contributed source to PostgreSQL I don't know yet if I can handle it.

I've opened an issue on Github to discuss what to do about Postgres.app and the
upcoming 9.4 release:
https://github.com/PostgresApp/PostgresApp/issues/233
<https://github.com/PostgresApp/PostgresApp/issues/233>

Best regards,