On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Either one of those approaches would cripple our freedom to change those
> data structures; which we've done repeatedly in the past and will surely
> want to do again.  So I'm pretty much -1 on exposing them.

We could instead add a view of this information to core --
pg_stat_autovacuum, or whatever.

But to be honest, I'm more in favor of Guillaume's proposal.  I will
repeat my recent assertion that we -- you in particular -- are too
reluctant to expose internal data structures to authors of C
extensions, and that this is developer-hostile.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company