On 1/27/15 5:06 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Jim Nasby <jim.na...@bluetreble.com> wrote:
BTW, I know that at least earlier versions of EnterpriseDB's version of
Postgres (circa 2007) had an auditing feature. I never dealt with any
customers who were using it when I was there, but perhaps some other folks
could shed some light on what customers wanted to see an an auditing
feature... (I'm looking at you, Jimbo!)

It's still there, but it's nothing like pgaudit.  What I hear is that
our customers are looking for something that has the capabilities of
DBMS_FGA.  I haven't researched either that or pgaudit enough to know
how similar they are.

Do they really need the full capabilities of DBMS_FGA? At first glance, it
looks even more sophisticated than anything that's been discussed so far. To
wit (from
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14258/d_fga.htm#CDEIECAG):

DBMS_FGA.ADD_POLICY(
   object_schema      VARCHAR2,
   object_name        VARCHAR2,
   policy_name        VARCHAR2,
   audit_condition    VARCHAR2,
   audit_column       VARCHAR2,
   handler_schema     VARCHAR2,
   handler_module     VARCHAR2,
   enable             BOOLEAN,
   statement_types    VARCHAR2,
   audit_trail        BINARY_INTEGER IN DEFAULT,
   audit_column_opts  BINARY_INTEGER IN DEFAULT);