Insisting on Andreas suggestion, why can't we just prefix all error message strings with the SQLState code? So all error messages would have the format

CCSSS - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Where CCSSS is the standard SQLState code and the message text is a more specific description.

Note that the standard allows for implementation-defined codes, so we can have our own CC classes and all the SSS subclasses that we need.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]