On 17/02/15 03:03, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

On 02/16/2015 08:57 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

On 02/16/2015 08:48 PM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
On 17/02/15 01:57, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Petr Jelinek <p...@2ndquadrant.com>
wrote:
We definitely want this feature, I wished to have this info many
times.

I would still like to see a benchmark.

Average of 3 runs of read-only pgbench on my system all with
pg_stat_statement activated:
HEAD:  20631
SQRT:  20533
SQRTD: 20592

So using sqrtd the cost is 0.18%. I think that's acceptable.

Actually, sqrt/sqrtd is not called in accumulating the stats, only in
the reporting function. So it looks like the difference here should be
noise. Maybe we need some longer runs.

Yes there are variations between individual runs so it might be really just that, I can leave it running for much longer time tomorrow.