On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 03:12:12PM -0500, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>     >                 # Attempt to identify the file using magic information
>     >                 mtype = mag.buffer(contents)
>     >                 if mtype.startswith('text/x-diff'):
>     >                         a.ispatch = True
>     >                 else:
>     >                         a.ispatch = False
>
>     I think the old system where the patch submitter declared, this message
>     contains my patch, is the only one that will work.
>

> Would you suggest removing the automated system completely, or keep it around
> and just make it possible to override it (either by removing the note that
> something is a patch, or by making something that's not listed as a patch
> become marked as such)?

One counter-idea would be to assume every attachment is a patch _unless_
the attachment type matches a pattern that identifies it as not a patch.

However, I agree with Tom that we should go a little longer before
changing it.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us

  + Everyone has their own god. +