On 03/03/2015 04:14 PM, Julien Tachoires wrote:
On 30/12/2014 03:48, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
- A test fails in create_view.out. I looked some into it and did not see
how this could happen.
I can't reproduce this issue.
Neither can I anymore.
- pg_dump is broken
pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR: syntax error at or
LINE 1: ...nest(tc.reloptions) x), ', ') AS toast_reloptions
I still get a failing pg_dump test though when running make check-world.
And it does not work when run manually either.
+ pg_dumpall -f
pg_dump: column number -1 is out of range 0..28
cannot duplicate null pointer (internal error)
pg_dumpall: pg_dump failed on database "postgres", exiting
+ [ /home/andreas/dev/postgresql != /home/andreas/dev/postgresql ]
-m fast stop
waiting for server to shut down.... done
+ [ -n ]
+ [ -n ]
+ [ -n 1 ]
+ echo pg_dumpall of pre-upgrade database cluster failed
pg_dumpall of pre-upgrade database cluster failed
+ exit 1
+ rm -rf /tmp/pg_upgrade_check-5A3wsI
- I do not like how \d handles the toast tablespace. Having TOAST in
pg_default and the table in another space looks the same as if there was
no TOAST table at all. I think we should always print both tablespaces
if either of them are not pg_default.
If we do it that way, we should always show the tablespace even if it's
pg_default in any case to be consistent. I'm pretty sure that we don't
I think we will have to agree to disagree here. I think it should be
obvious when the toast table is in the default tablespace for tables
- Would it be interesting to add syntax for moving the toast index to a
-1, we just want to be able to move TOAST heap, which is supposed to
contain a lot of data and we want to move on a different storage device
I think we should allow moving the indexes for consistency. With this
patch we can move everything except for TOAST indexes.
- There is no warning if you set the toast table space of a table
lacking toast. I think there should be one.
A notice is raised now in that case.
Excellent, also add a test case for this.
- Missing periods on the ALTER TABLE manual page after "See also CREATE
TABLESPACE" (in two places).
- Missing period last in the new paragraph added to the storage manual page.
I don't understand those 2 last points ?
I mean that "TOAST table can be moved to a different tablespace with
<command>ALTER TABLE SET TOAST TABLESPACE</>" should be changed to
"TOAST table can be moved to a different tablespace with <command>ALTER
TABLE SET TOAST TABLESPACE</>." since a sentece should always end in ".".
= New comments
- The patch does not apply cleanly anymore, I had to solve to minor
- Rewrap the documentation for SET TABLESPACE.
- You have added a tab in alter_table.sgml.
- Merge "case AT_SetTableTableSpace:" and "case AT_SetToastTableSpace:"
where they both do the same thing, i.e. nothing.
- Should it not be foo_mv in the query from the test suite below?
SELECT spcname FROM pg_class c JOIN pg_class d ON
(c.reltoastrelid=d.oid) JOIN pg_tablespace ON (d.reltablespace =
pg_tablespace.oid) WHERE c.relname = 'foo2';
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (email@example.com)
To make changes to your subscription: