On 4/2/15 9:37 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
estate->err_text = stmt->elog_level == ERROR ? estate->err_text :
raise_skip_msg  ;

Can we do this simple change? It will produce a stackinfo for exceptions
and it will not to make mad developers by lot of useless content.

I'm not sure everyone agrees with this to be honest, myself included.

I think the best way to do this would be to have an option for RAISE to suppress the context *regardless of nesting depth*, but show the full context by default for ERRORs. For NOTICEs and WARNINGs I don't care much what the default will be; perhaps just full backwards compatibility could work there.

.m