On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 20:52, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> > Why do you say that?
>
> Because of this taken from the above quoted text:
>
> "they were under constant assault from their clients to use oracle or db2"
>
> Last I looked neither Oracle or DB2 were open source, but they both just
> happen to be commercial and I don't see mysql mentioned.

This is a reason to increase marketing effort.  I know the word has
pejorative overtones in our community, but it means talking about
PostgreSQL so that the PHBs hear about it and therefore begin to feel
comfortable about using it.

If something is familiar, it feels safe.  We need to make PostgreSQL
familiar.  That's why we need marketing.

--
Oliver Elphick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
LFIX Limited