On 06/08/2015 12:21 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> writes:
On 2015-06-08 14:18:22 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
As I saw it, on Friday it was not clear whether we would be able to do a
release this week.  Now it's Monday, and we still have a rather long list
of issues

Well, these issues aren't regressions, they're "just" general problems
we need to fix. And some of them are going to require somewhat invasive
changes. Both you and Robert have argued that the regressions should be
fixed first. And by now you've convinced me.

, and apparently Andres isn't all that happy even with the fixes
that have gone in, because he still wants more time for testing.

I'm now satisfied that the current HEAD is better than what was released
last time round.

If there's general agreement that there are no regressions from
9.4.anything, then perhaps we should put out a release this week.
Wrap today seems out of the question but we could still do it tomorrow
for Friday release.

If we release on Friday that is the 12th, PgCon is starts the 16th and there is a weekend in between. If there is an unknown regression or new bug that is severe, are we going to have the resources to resolve it?

Sincerely,

JD