On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 09:40, Philip Warner wrote:

> Just wondering where I should put my modified tuning notes. I was planning
> on  making them section 3.7 in the Admin guide. Does that sound reasonable?
>
> The current version can be seen at:
>
>      http://www.rhyme.com.au/manuals/pgsql-7.3/postmaster-tuning-software.html
>
> I think it's important we get something on tuning into the manual - I'm not
> particularly attached to where.

I had thought the information would be tied to the relevant sections of
3.4 Run-time Configuration. I'm not sure where the vacuum/analyze
information would go in this scenario though, so a general software
tuning section does seem appropriate. Do you see a 3.8 Tuning the Server
(Hardware) section as well?

Robert Treat