Bruce Momjian wrote:
Win32 Port:

	Katie Ward and Jan are working on contributing their Win32
	port for 7.4.  They plan to have a patch available by the end of
	December.
I have .Net Studio available to me, so if you need help in merging or testing or whatever, let me know.

Point-In-Time Recovery (PITR)

	J. R. Nield did a PITR patch late in 7.3 development, and Patrick
	MacDonald from Red Hat is working on merging it into CVS and
	adding any missing pieces.  Patrick, do you have an ETA on that?
As Hannu asked (and related to your question below), is there any thought of extending this to allow simple log based replication? In many important scenarios that would be more than adequate, and simpler to set up.

Replication

	I have talked to Darren Johnson and I believe 7.4 is the time to
	merge the Postgres-R source tree into our main CVS.  Most of the
	replication code will be in its own directory, with only minor
	changes to our existing tree.  They have single-master
	replication working now, so we may have that feature in some
	capacity for 7.4.  I know others are working on replication
	solutions.  This is probably the time to decide for certain if
	this is the direction we want to go for replication.  Most who
	have have studied Postgres-R feel it is the most promising
	multi-master replication solution for reliably networked hosts.
I'd question if we would want the one-and-only builtin replication method to be dependent on an external communication library (Spread). I would like to see Postgres-R merged, but I'd also like to see a simple log-based option.

Comments?

I'd also second Mike Mascari's question -- whatever happened to the person working on two-phase commit? Is that likely to be done for 7.4? Did he ever send in a patch?

Joe