Bruce Momjian wrote:
Joe Conway wrote:
<snip>
Point-In-Time Recovery (PITR)

	J. R. Nield did a PITR patch late in 7.3 development, and Patrick
	MacDonald from Red Hat is working on merging it into CVS and
	adding any missing pieces.  Patrick, do you have an ETA on that?
As Hannu asked (and related to your question below), is there any thought of extending this to allow simple log based replication? In many important scenarios that would be more than adequate, and simpler to set up.
<snip>

For PITR-log-based-replication, how much data would be required to be pushed out to each slave system in order to bring it up to date?

I'm having visions of a 16MB WAL file being pushed out to slave systems in order to update them with a few rows of data...

:-/

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi