Simon Riggs wrote:

> JSON seems the most sensible format for the string. Inventing a new one
> doesn't make sense. Most important for me is the ability to
> programmatically manipulate/edit the config string, which would be harder
> with a new custom format.

Do we need to keep the value consistent across all the servers in the
flock?  If not, is the behavior halfway sane upon failover?

If we need the DBA to keep the value in sync manually, that's going to
be a recipe for trouble.  Which is going to bite particularly hard
during those stressing moments when disaster strikes and things have to
be done in emergency mode.