Hello,

> > Attatched is the revised version of this patch.
> >
> > The first patch is not changed from before.
> >
> > The second is fixed a kind of bug.
> >
> > Ths third is the new one to allow backslash continuation for
> > backslash commands.
>
> Ah, thanks:-)
>
> Would you consider adding the patch to the next commitfest? I may put
> myself as a reviewer...

No problem.

> > [...] I'm not satisfied by the design but I don't see another way..
>
> I'll try to have a look.

Thanks.

> >> I think that there should be no copies, but it should use relative
> >> symbolic links so that the files are kept synchronized.
> >
> > Yeah, I think so but symlinks could harm on git and Windows.
> > The another way would be make copies it from psql directory. They live
> > next door to each other.
>
> Indeed there are plenty of links already which are generated by
> makefiles (see src/bin/pg_xlogdump/*), and probably a copy is made on
> windows. There should no file duplication within the source tree.

Thank you for pointing out that. Makefile of pg_xlogdump
re-creates symlinks to those files and they are replaced with cp
for the platforms where symlinks are not usable. But the files
are are explicitly added to .sln file on msvc. Anyway I'll
address it.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi